I’m grateful to Judith Nuertey of True Self for nominating me.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
It is an award nominated by peers recognizing their fellow writers for their inspiring and creative blogs.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules.
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 Questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the Nominees 11 new questions.
- When did you start blogging and what challenges (if any) have you faced in the journey so far?
In January this year. With regards to challenges, I’ll say I write on issues I’m inspired to write on. With little or no inspiration on a topic, I do not pick up my book and pen at all! And sometimes I feel like I I’m starving my readers
Setting aside ample time to write has also been difficult for me lately! But, it gets better with discipline and focus!
- Where do you come from or live and what do you like about it?
I come from a town called Ve. It’s a very serene area. We will be celebrating our annual festival in November. We call it Lukusi, it will be a great cultural experience. There’s so much food to eat there, I think that’s what I like about it. Good Fooooood!
- What religion do you belong to and what’s one important lesson it teaches?
I am a Christian and knowing that I am royalty excites and empowers me to truly live!
4. What genre of books do you like and why?
I love reading books on African history. I enjoy learning about history. It’s always good to know why we act in a particular way currently. Most of our activities, beliefs and attitudes can be traced to history. That’s why I love history. I think I’m curious too. I always want to know WHY things happen, and knowing the ‘why’ means knowing the history of it. Favorite book on history so far is Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi. I got know the hidden meaning of ‘Obroni’, ‘Yevu’ and other interesting discoveries.
- What’s your view on meditation?
I think I do that often, I believe that for effective meditation, you need to be present. With so much chaos and a lot of tasks to complete within 24 hours, I put my phone on silent mode and make sure I place it deep deep down in my bag then I think about specific issues bothering me or something interesting I heard during the day. I usually do this on my from work. But interestingly I’m often so tired, I wake up from deep sleep at the last bus stop.
- What fears do you have and why?
I think it is the fear of being taken for granted. Why? I know it hurts to be taken for granted and I abhor the thought of it. Another fear is being around someone who finds it difficult to control their anger. It scares me. Such people do crazy things when angry.
- Which local food will you recommend?
Of course I will recommend FUFU WITH ASSORTED MEAT LIGHT SOUP on any day. The pepper should be hot too! You can mix it with a scoop of groundnut soup too! You will love it
- Do you love animals or have any pets?
I think I do because I grew up with so many of them. My monkey of more than 10years died this year and I’m still mourning her
- What misconception do you think people have about you?
That I don’t cry and nothing bothers me. On several occasions, I’ve got my friends ask me if I cry. Lool. I cry, and I do that often.
- What are you grateful for today?
Life! That I’m still breathing healthily is a miracle. I’m grateful to God for life!
Each night, when I lay in bed, I wonder if it’s going to be my last… So when I wake up the next morning, I feel so grateful to God, the giver of life!
- Which things or activities brings you joy and peace?
Using my skills to help someone in need makes me glad.
I nominate the following blogs so long as they are willing to participate.
And Finally my questions to the nominees
- What will you tell your 13-year old self?
- How do you connect with your readers?
- Why do you blog?
- What makes you smile every day?
- You have 12 months to work as a minister of state in your country. What will you do?
- What’s your night routine?
- Do you have a favorite writing time? If yes, why?
- What’s your greatest accomplishment?
- What special act did someone do for you that you always remember?
- Have you suffered from people accusing you wrongly? How did you react?
A big thank you again to Judith Nuertey for nominating me. I hope all my nominees will be able to participate and pass it on as well.
Cheers to connecting with everyone here